Friday, August 28, 2009

Making a picture is like a woman...

These days everyone has access to a nice camera and it's so easy to become a photographer, and there are a lot of good photographers. I haven't quite figured out how to distinguish myself yet but I did learn one thing I want to strive for, a goal perhaps of where I'd like my photography to be...I was enlightened by a fellow photographer Mia Song you can check out her stuff here: miasongmia.com She said there are so many photographers, so many people who can create a pretty picture, just like there are so many people who we walk by, and look at...a pretty woman or handsome man perhaps passes by us and we think about it for a second, maybe a couple seconds but go on our way...the difference is between that and making a compelling image where there is more, there is depth, emotion, passion behind the image that sometimes just cannot be defined. A woman/man who passes us, or that we see, that we have to get to know...more than a casual glance, we want to know more... It's not enough to just create an image that people look at and move on, but to create an image that sticks with oneself..that's how pictures move, that's the kind of photography I want to create.

2 comments:

Caroline Oh said...

caro likes this!

v/ said...

mr. lee, i think you take very insightful, very beautiful and deep pictures. (as seen in your india photos).